Merrimack Pet Boarding
At Merrimack Veterinary Hospital we pride ourselves on creating a calm, enriching and safe environment for your pet during their stay. We have highly trained staff able to cater to each individual pet’s needs, treating each guest as they would their own pet. Rest assured your beloved companion will be in good hands while you’re away.
Standard Amenities Include:
- High quality diet choices. We encourage owners to bring their guests food to avoid stomach upset during their stay; however we can feed our diets as needed/requested. Please package in individual servings.
- Spacious comfortable suites selected specifically for each guest.
- Supremely comfortable bedding including fleece blankets and fluffy comforters.
- Comfortable temperature year round. heating & air conditioning.
- Daily rounds made by the nurses to ensure the health of all guests. Any concerns are immediately brought to their attention and subsequently to the Doctor on call.
- One on one outdoor potty breaks 4-6 times per day for our canine guests.
- Fresh water available throughout the day in each suite.
- Evening turn down service, including special tuck in treat as requested.
- *Peanut butter or cheese stuffed Kongs are also offered as requested for our canine guests.
- All our Pet care staff is trained on administering medications for all our guests needing special attention.
- Private suites for our feline guests, secluded from the noise of our canine suites. Condos available for 2 or 3 guests staying together, or just to have some extra room to lounge.
- Relaxing spa experience by our on-site groomer including in some packages and/or can be added on to any guest's stay.
- We use pheromone plug-ins to promote a calming and relaxing atmosphere in our feline suites.
- Silk lovies (snuggle blankets) for our feline guests for added comfort and security.
All boarding guests need to have had a veterinary exam within the year. All dogs must have an annual bordetella vaccine while all dogs and cats must be current with their rabies and distemper vaccinations. Both cats and dogs must be free of internal and external parasites. This assures protection for your pet and others. If your pet receives medical services elsewhere, it is your responsibility to bring the information to MVH. We will not accept dogs or cats for boarding without this documentation. Our fax number is 429-2194.
Call early for a reservation, especially during the holidays or vacation times.
Arrival & Pick-up Times: Mon – Thurs 7:30am – 8:00pm, Friday 7:30 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. Sunday hours are for pick up only, 9 am – 11 am and 4 pm - 6 pm.
Reminder: Check Out Time is 11 am. Pick up after 11 am will incur a charge for that day.
Payment is due at the time of pick-up. We accept cash, credit/debit cards, and personal checks.
Save time during your boarding check in!
Download the boarding contract here. Fill it out ahead of time and bring it with you when you check your dog or cat in.
- Full Service Boarding
- Pets Vaccines Must Be Current
- Pets Get Personal Attention From Our Caring Staff
Suite Sizes and Pricing
Small Canine Suite: $37/day/pet
*(for pets weighing under 25 lbs)
Standard Canine Suite: $40/day/pet
*(for pets weighing 26-99lbs)
Deluxe Canine Suite:$46/day/pet
*(ideal for pets over 100lbs)
Feline Standard Suite: $31.00/day
Feline Condo: $60.00/day
*All condos come standard with 2 large perches and hanging toys for our more frisky guests.
Entertainment Package (Canine Guests only): +$10/day
This package includes all standard amenities listed above, 2 interactive group daycare sessions per day, and a daily kong filled with your choice of peanut butter or cheese. This package is great for our energetic guests that prefer some enriching activities during their stay.
- Spa experience: Spa services can be added on to any guests stay, please mention when scheduling so we can coordinate with the grooming department.
- Peanut Butter and/or Cheese stuffed Kong: $4.50/kong (Price is per guest).
- Interactive group Daycare If you want your pet to go into Daycare twice daily, but do not want the full entertainment package: $8.50/day (Price is per guest).
Daily Medicating: If your pet is on medication, we will administer it during the boarding stay. Please bring the medication with you in the original labeled packaging. -$8.00/day –
*Due to the delicate nature and extra attention our diabetic guests receive, Insulin administration is an additional $18/day
- Same family additional guest: Save $6/day off additional pet
- Same family additional guest in the same suite: Save $10/day off additional pet